Master of Counseling Psychology
With commitment and persistence a person can experience deep and effective change in their emotional experience of life, allowing for more satisfying relationships and a stronger more contented sense of self.
I work from a humanistic, client-centered and emotion-focused perspective to assist people in understanding and changing their emotional landscape. I facilitate a safe non-judgmental therapeutic space for people to share and explore their most sensitive and difficult issues.
I have specialist training in Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) and am completing training to become an internationally accredited Emotion –Focused Therapist. Emotion-Focused Therapy is a structured yet client-centered approach that assists people to understand, work with and heal their emotional system.
I work with adults and adolescents (12 years and above) who struggle with:
- anxiety and/or overwhelming emotions
- depression and/or a sense of emotional flatness/emptiness
- grief and loss
- trauma (including childhood abuse)
- intimacy and interpersonal relationships
- addictive and/or compulsive behavior
- low self-esteem
- direction and meaning in life
It is my aim to assist people to:
- heal and resolve painful and disruptive emotions
- experience a sense of integration between their thoughts, beliefs, values and feeling
- strengthen intimacy and connection in their relationships
- recover a positive sense of self and identity
- to live in and experience the present
For more information and to make an appointment please contact me on 0438 071 109 or by email at email@example.com